Exandria is the name of the world on which most events of Critical Role and Yeeted & Yoinked take place. Exandria exists in a Material Plane, although it features connections to other planes of existence, such as the portals to the elemental planes guarded by the Ashari.
Since the gods first came to Exandria, four distinct ages of the world have gone by: the Founding, the Age of Arcanum, the Calamity, and the Divergence.
The events of Yeeted & Yoinked take place in the fourth age.
An Exandrian year lasts 328 days over the course of 11 months. Each day is 24 hours in length and the 7 days of the week are named Miresen, Grissen, Whelsen, Conthsen, Folsen, Yulisen, and Da’leysen.
See Also: Calendar of Exandria
- Tal’Dorei: A northern continent which contains the Republic of Tal’Dorei, as well as the elven realm of Syngorn, the Dwarven stronghold of Kraghammer, the city-state of Whitestone and, far to the south, the Hobgoblin empire of Tz’arrm.
- Issylra: A continent northwest of Tal’Dorei that contains the region of Othanzia, which includes New Vasselheim. As of 840 PD, Vasselheim was destroyed and a mysterious Empress rose to power.
- Marquet: A southern continent made up of approximately 30% mountainous and 70% desert regions, there are few bastions of civilization to be found aside from Ank’Harel.
- The Shattered Teeth: Not technically a continent, this archipelago of forty-three islands lies southeast of Tal’Dorei, beyond a fog bank called the “Fool’s Curtain”.
- Wildemount: Located to the east of Tal’Dorei, this continent contains the trade oriented Clovis Concord to the west along the Menagerie Coast, the austere Dwendalian Empire within Western Wynandir, and the secretive Kryn Dynasty in Eastern Wynandir. As of 845 PD, the war between the Empire and the Dynasty is over, and Center Wynandir has been annexed to the Dynasty.
- Frigid Depths: The cold ocean to the north of Issylra, Tal’Dorei, and Wildemount.
- Lucidian Ocean: A vast ocean to the south-east of Tal’Dorei and south of Wildemount, containing the Shattered Teeth.
- Ozmit Sea: The sea separating Tal’Dorei from Issylra and Marquet to its west.
The Underdark is a vast subterranean region that exists below the continents of Exandria. A dark and hostile place, the Underdark is almost a world unto itself, with civilizations, monsters, politics, economies, and threats that may interact only sporadically or indirectly with the surface world. Notably, the Underdark has significant connections to the Far Realm, from which many aberrations emerge.
Exandria has two moons, named Catha and Ruidus.
Catha is similar in appearance to Earth’s Moon, though it is closer to Exandria and appears larger in the sky. It has a 33-day cycle during which it waxes and wanes.
Ruidus appears smaller in Exandria’s sky due to its further distance from the planet, and its reddish-purple, maroon-brown color contributes to a dimmer glow. Lycanthropy is relatively unaffected by this moon in comparison to the closer moon. It has a very slow orbit, taking a full year (328 days) for a revolution, and is visible for about half of the year. Myths and rumors about Ruidus abound. Some believe it to be either pre-creation from when the elements themselves were consuming all of Exandria. Others believe it may have not originally existed, but was a creation of the Betrayer Gods, and was some sort of long-running mysterious plot that was cut short during the end of the Calamity. There is a standard belief in various cultures across Exandria of it being an entity of ill-omen.
Many different languages are spoken across Exandria. Common is the most widely spoken among humanoids, though most races also have their own language.